Sunday, February 17, 2013

Adventure time

Today is stunning.
Completely and utterly stunning.

It is around 4:30 pm and I am sitting on a cliff that looks like the tip off the boat Kate and Jack were standing on in the movie Titanic. ha! It is overlooking the entire ocean. It's beauty is insane. It's been around 77 degrees all day. Last night was quite the adventure, got in a car with four other people and just went. We had no plans, just would drive until we saw something cool or thought of something while we were driving to stop by and see. On the way, we hit up Starbucks to get some caffeine in our systems in case this ended up being a long night. We ended up at our first stop, a parking garage next to the airport. Spencer went and asked the guard to go to the bathroom and from there, we snuck in and ran to the top of the garage and could see THE BEST view of the city and the harbor. All the sudden we see lights heading towards us and then vooooom..a large plane is flying over our heads. Literally. The planes land right next to the garage, so cool. The planes look like they are going to hit you, they are so close. It is so cool to see a plane so close to you. They are so massive. I was probably just as pumped watching the planes fly over our heads as a little boy would be about winning all the levels of his first video game. ha!
We just sat there and watched one after another after another. It is so crazy to think about the exact precision of landing one after the other. They all come in packs and land within five minutes of the other. It is so cool. Eventually we got kicked out because a customer complained haha I'm such a hoodlum..let me tell ya. But hey...it was fun while it lasted.
Then we went to Balboa park and hopped on their amphitheater stage to perform some Destiny's Child "Say my Name", Aladdin, Spice Girls "Wannabe", Backstreet Boys "Larger than life" and Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder and Lead". haha It was great. Kristin pulled out some great dance moves and we just had the time of our lives.
The night continued with walking up and down the streets, sharing stories and cracking up laughing.
Of course, McDonald's McFlurry's were up next, Reese's for this girl. We then decided to head to Jillian's and watch Perks of Being a Wallflower and our night ended around 3 am. It was such a chill night but so much fun all at the same time. Got to hang with new faces and just have fun being spontaneous, even if we did stay in the San Diego area.
I tell you what, some of my best memories are the ones where we just hopped in a car at midnight and drove to see someone or do something or just drive until we do. I live for those moments. When it is a random group and we just all decide to go on an adventure with no itinerary. We almost up and went to San Fran for the night. 8 hours. But it would have been such a blast. We decided last minute we wanted to sorta plan a weekend for that one though because we wanted to be able to stay the entire weekend if we went. So, that's next on our list.
This weekend has been full of new friendships and hilarious moments.
I am so blessed by the adventures God allows us to take part it. That's right, allows us. It's because of Him we are able to partake in the best ones around. I wrote in my journal the other day a quote from that book I've talked about on here before, called "Love Does". I think it hits home for this week.

It says: "I don't think the book of life is the full equation and I don't think that it is just a list of names either. I think this book of life is a book of lives, a book of stories. I bet it's about people traveling in the direction of Jesus, trying to follow Him. People like me, who've made lots of mistakes and mid course corrections. It's about people who stayed within the large circle of love and grace, staying on a long line pointing towards Him. And their names weren't in the book because of what they did or didn't do. They were there because of who God is and what he has done to draw a circle around them. After we cross the finish line in our lives, I see Heaven as an experience where God will be proud when we crossed that line and will say something similar to " Friend, it's been a long journey. Welcome Home".
 I think this quote hits home for me, OUR LIVES ARE AN ADVENTURE.
God wants us to have fun. He wants us to trust him, he realizes that sometimes we make mistakes and we take stupid paths but as long as we stay within his circle and always run toward him and are always striving for that, we will be okay. I see God as being one amazing God. One who loves us. One who is the author of our lives. Each written differently. Each having it's own tragedies but always ending in a beautiful story. This is why I live for those spontaneous adventures. I am living. REALLY living. No plan. I am just enjoying where I am at and trusting that whatever lies ahead of me, will be worth while and God has control. I'll just sit, and relax in my passenger seat and be excited for what's up next.



 
Performing "Say my Name"
& yes...Spencer knew all the words haha

Dancing at the Amphitheather

Japanese Garden

Spence trying to climb and ride the horse haha
 
Happy Sunday. Hope everyone had an amazing weekend and hope that at some point this week, you can all just let go and trust God in a moment and be a part of your adventure :) It's worth it.
 
xoxo,
Lynds

No comments:

Post a Comment