Monday, April 15, 2013

Stealing a moment

Hi All!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. :)
Can I just say, I miss you all very much? I just have been thinking a lot today about family and friends and I am just so grateful to have you a part of my life. As this school year is coming to an end and I approach graduation and all the post-grad questions...I am just so thankful. Thankful for everyone I have met over the last 21 years. It has been a true blessing.
Sorry to get all sappy for .2 seconds but I had to. I just am so blessed to know the people I do. You guys are STELLAR!! ;) ha!

So....this past weekend I went camping in the desert. Yes..you heard me. The desert. It felt heavenly. 80 degree weather. I was alllllllll about it. We went to Anza Burrego. And the mountains were stunning. STUNNING, I tell ya. The stars...oh man...those stars. I don't know if I ever have seen that many stars so clearly in my life. It was breathtaking. I had such a blast with my friends and exploring. Cooking on the fire, telling stories, walking around, singing loud in the car, sleeping in the back of the truck bed (which was totally on my bucket list by the way, cross another one off that pretty ole' list), stargazing, adventuring around towns, eating Reeses' sticks and drinking juice (aka. Sweet Tea) for some reason Spence likes to call it juice haha. I was cracking up laughing. I had such a blast. There were random metal horses, eagles, wolves, elephants...you name it. Out in the middle of the desert. It was SO random but so awesome. They were giant. So OF COURSE we had to go have a photo shoot by them. It was sick. Then we went to a place called the Salton Sea. It used to be a resort where tons of celebrities and rich people would come to visit. The main body of water came from the mountains in Colorado, the water ran through, until the government cut it off. Now it contains a bunch of salt composites and is super gross. It's really salty water, it reeks death. All the fish die in it and the only thing living around it, are some birds. And I mean some. ha! It was so crazy, what was a a sandy beach was now a bunch of dead fish bones. We walked on fish bones. It was insane looking but super pretty all at the same time. I know, how could death be pretty? I don't know, but it strangely did. Needless to say, the photogs were having a ball there. They were loving all the photos they could take. It was a great memory made here in Cali. Loved every minute of it.

I'll share some with you.














On the ride home, I couldn't stop thinking about God as I looked around me. All the beauty. I saw a TON of it this past weekend. I had to ask Kayla for a piece of paper from her journal she brought and pulled out my pen from my bag and just started writing in the car. I had to. This is what I wrote:

"Saturday afternooon, it's 3:18 pm with the windows rolled down in a silver pick up truck, driving through the valleys of the mountains. Surrounded by God's beauty. Turn after turn. Leaning from one side to the other. Left, right, left, right. Sliding as the car wraps itself around the tight turns of the valley. Country music blaring, Spence lightly singing in the background, cool breezes blowing through the cracks of our window. The journey. The mountains. The GREEN, we are surrounded by. Passing sharp turn signs every few minutes. Ups and downs, choices in direction. This is the painting of a beautiful picture. This is an adventure. Right now...as I am writing in the middle back seat with a large red canteen in between my legs, (which isn't too comfortable, Ha), our "trash bag" blowing in the wind, american flag bookbag and all...all I can think about in this exact moment is you Lord. I've heard people say when you take a picture it is like you are stealing a moment of time. What if this is a moment of time that was intended for me to just recognize but not take a picture. The picture was right before my eyes. I just needed to look around. Look for you. That's all I needed to recognize you. You captured my moment. You stole it. But by..YOUR CREATION. What defines you. This picture is perfect in this moment. The loving nature of your presence. Being surrounded by friends. The simplicity of a drive. The road can lead you anywhere. I choose the road that leads to you. Lord, I you to know I always want to choose you. Taking a pause to think where would I be without you in my life. I just want to stop and say a simple, I thank you, yet the thank you, has 1,000 reasons behind it. And how the song says right now..."how sweet it is to be loved by you".
This is to capturing moments.
Keep capturing.
xo-Lyndsie"

That is all for today. Allow God to capture some moments for you, instead of worrying so much about capturing your own. Before him lays the perfect moments.

LOVE YOU ALL A TON!!
MISS YOU.

ps. the west coast says hello.  ;)

-Lynds

No comments:

Post a Comment